Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Golden Hour & Doesn't quite belong....

This week I found the topics to be on opposing ends of the scale in terms of difficulty. I had no problem coming up with ideas for photos taken at the 'golden hour' but I had a hard time narrowing my choices down to submit just a few here. On the other hand, I had very few ideas for 'doesn't quite belong'. Just couldn't seem to get my mind around the idea well enough to come up with something inspirational. Looked all week. Found a few ideas out and about but nothing that panned out in the pictures. Tried taking a bunch inside using all kinds of different techniques and ideas, still nothing. So I am including some of the photos which I took during that trial and error period saying they 'don't quite belong' because they never actually achieved the intent of the topic. A stretch I know, but the best I could do this week! At least I am sort of back in the groove...... :o)

The first onebelow was in fact taken at the golden hour, but I was also trying to work on the 'silhoutte' topic I missed back in August.  I had an idea then, but never seemed to have the camera with me at the right time.  When I went back to take the shot recently, the tree (in the river) loaded with cormorans at sunset had moved with the high water and my opportunity was lost.  Below is a feeble re-attempt....silhoutte at the golden hour....


I love the golden hue on the water from the trees/sunlight and Orzo kind of blending in with it all....


I was pleased to catch the waning sunlight as well as the enveloping darkness and have it all be in focus!


The beginning of 'doesn't quite belong'..... playing with a light box and objects placed on top....



Then moving to futzing with the shadows said objects made on the wall.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers