Thursday, March 31, 2011

more b & w


Just playing with some back lighting to see what kind of sparkle I could make.



Might not look like much, but when I first saw this I was wondering who the hell wrote on my kitchen counter! The sunlight reflecting off the "cream top" reflected the negative image of a shadow. Now I look at it and scratch my head, but at the time it seemed interesting.



Spent too many days indoor this month. This pic, plus the one below, are of a project using tumbled stone beads and a bit of copper wire. Playing with shadows of the wire above I wanted to create layers... and below, I think I was just playing with the lack of contrast between the beads and the background. The contrast is only in the shadows created by the beads and there's even some light in those shadows.



True confession: all this months photos are digital. I had hoped to work with film photography, and did, but didn't develop the roll in time. Next month's goal: film photography with continued focus on exposure and lighting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers