Monday, August 29, 2011

old trees

The trees may or may not be old, but the pictures of them certainly are. I did not take one new picture this week. But... who doesn't have pictures of trees? So I went rooting around to find trees that I hadn't already posted! Seems I've posted any of the good ones and these are a few of what was left.


Kinda cheating as I didn't intend for this to be a picture of a tree (it's a picture of a mountain, maybe even a picture of rock walls, can't you tell?). I submit this standing on technicality: there is a tree in it.



This is a fairy tree, a hawthorn. To appease the fairies you make offerings of metal and you can see the many offerings here. I've offered coins to this tree so long ago the bark has grown around them... be a while before the tree grows over these iron offerings.



This is a seedling I rescued when I was weeding a small patch of garden this past spring. It's actually still alive, though not much bigger than as it is seen here. Potting it has turned it into a bonsai Mayday Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers