Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Diagonal and then some

Good news is I got my camera back, bad news is I got it too late to take any good pics for this weeks topic! The only true 'diagonal' pic that actually came out is directly below and was taken with the now infamous point and shoot. I think it might qualify as diagonal, but is also a pretty boring picture (in my opinion)



I took this picture today on my way to the boat (with my good camera). You might remember from past posts that this was the red boat house at the entrance to Hamburg Cove where we keep our boat. This boat house has always been the "symbol" of the cove and has been shot by many famous photographers over the years. Obviously it fell down some time over the winter and this is all that is left of that landmark. Not sure it classifies as diagonal but I had to share the pic anyway.



The last pic below was also taken with my good camera and definitely is a stretch for diagonal (other than the placement in the frame?!) but I wanted to share anyway. I have a hummingbird feeder hanging off my porch and I am endlessly entertained by their antics. Since I have been reading a book about close-up photography, I was inspired to try to get a good shot of their frolicking. I have now decided I need to invest in extension tubes, but I was pretty happy with the shot below.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers