Wednesday, December 28, 2011

bokeh lights

I wasn't sure about this bokeh light thing.... I think I took it too literally or maybe too seasonally. I only just now looked up a definition of it and there is a reference to it being not just out of focus lights, which was what I targeted, but any area of the photo that is outside the depth of field. In retrospect, I think this bokeh effect is what I'd been trying to do when I was obsessed a couple of years ago with over-exposed sunshine behind objects.

A friend pointed out that bokeh lights would be fun after a hookah pipe... might make these pictures more interesting, eh?





Forgive the indulgence with this one below...I bothered my frogs so much by splashing lights around their tank I felt obligated to use one of the photos. That's Whisper, my shy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers